The Strategic Environmental Impact Assessment procedure for the Drought Effects Counteracting Plan (DECP) has been completed. Opinions of the General Directorate for Environmental Protection (GDOŚ) and the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate (GIS) along with the results of the public consultations from 25 May 2020 to 24 June 2020 were included in the final shape of the DECP.
The GDOŚ and the GIS issued opinions on the manner and the results of the environmental impact assessment of the planned actions, which have been included in the environmental impact forecast for the DECP project, pursuant to Article 54(1) of the Act on the provision of information on the environment and its protection, public participation in the protection of the environment and on environmental impact assessments (Eia Act). The manner and extent to which the comments and proposals made in connection with public participation have been taken into account (Article 42 (2) of the Eia Act) is summarised in the document available under the following link
The summary contains, for example:
- findings of the environmental impact forecast;
- opinions of the competent authorities;
- comments and conclusions of the public consultations;
- results of the cross-border environmental impact procedure;
- proposals concerning the methods and frequency of monitoring the effects of implementing the provisions of the document.
DECP, as a strategic document for water management in Poland, will be adopted in the form of a regulation of the minister in charge of water management.
The final version of the environmental impact forecast can be viewed here.